Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Sewing on the Go

Pin It




We've been traveling a lot lately.
After all, it is summertime.


Between family vacations and weddings and such,
it's been difficult to start and finish a sewing project on the sewing machine in one sitting, or even two or three if I'm being honest.



So I've been spending more time doing projects that I can take with me.

And here is the one I've been working on lately.
A simple, beautiful, classy sampler.

Yes, I know.
Cross stitch is for old people.
And samplers are for older people.
But whatever.
I love it.

It's been a great project for car rides and rainy days,
and while I'm not usually a fan of super long term projects,
this one is coming along nicely.


The great thing about samplers is that there is a lot of negative space,
and if you get bored with one motif, you can just move on the next one and come back to it.
It's a really easy project to start and stop and start and stop
which, obviously, lends itself really well to life with a toddler.



I'll keep you all updated on the progress and hopefully, eventually the finished product. :)

6 comments:

  1. LOVE those colors! Did you choose them or where they part of the pattern?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! They were the colors that were called for in the pattern. I did make a change with the pattern where it called for these weird bead things (just switched those for some good ole french knots and I like it MUCH better).

      Delete
  2. For old people? Haven't you seen the fall 2012 forecasts? Lookie here:
    http://www.examiner.com/slideshow/fashion-trends-embroidery#slide=endcard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh! Thank you! That is too awesome. I'm so affirmed in my youth now. haha. :)

      Delete
  3. I love cross stitching, it is very relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The fast social follower is the site to get social media followers, likes, views, subscribers, etc .and provides all social platforms services all around the globe such as buy Linkedin Connection .

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your feedback! I would love to hear what you have to say.

If you are entering a comment for a giveaway, please be sure to post a comment for EACH entry where more than one entry qualify. Thanks!