Tuesday, May 22, 2012

With Fear and Trepidation

Pin It
I am trying to sew from a pattern again.

I HATE patterns.
Mostly because I'm afraid of them.

I've written before about how trying to follow a pattern for me is like trying to read a book written in a language that I don't speak.

And when I've taken on this endeavor before, it ended up somewhat disastrously,
with me ripping up the pattern and starting over from scratch, making it up myself as I went along. Thankfully, that was just a bag.

But I found a project that I just have to try,
that I can't just make up on my own...
so I'm going for it.



Because it's a gift, I'll have to keep you all in the dark for now and just share cryptic close up pictures,
but rest assured that I will tell you all about it once this person has received her (or his... no let's be honest: her) gift.

Wish me luck!
And if you have any sage words of wisdom related to pattern-following
(or you just want to leave a little encouragement for a freaked out but ambitious sewist),
please leave me some love. :)


And don't forget to enter my Kickoff to Summer Giveaway
by this Friday at midnight (EST).

2 comments:

  1. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Email/Call/Message me if you need help. :)

    - Jodi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jodi. You are the best. I did finish, but I couldn't resist "straying from the path" of the pattern. oh well.

      Delete

Please leave your feedback! I would love to hear what you have to say.

If you are entering a comment for a giveaway, please be sure to post a comment for EACH entry where more than one entry qualify. Thanks!