Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My First Sew Along!

Pin It
That's disceiving...
I'm not conducting the sew along.
I'm participating.

And I. am. AMPED.

My virtual and real friend, Jodi, of Sew Fearless is doing the real work,
or has done.
She has some great patterns, including the Pajama Eaters that took over this Christmas underneath our tree.


So great! Right?
Now she has a new pattern for these adorable kids' suitcases.
It really was love at first sight.
I now have the pattern in my possession, and I've gathered all of my materials to make one for Ben.

My supplies. "Is that houndstooth?" you ask. "Yes. Yes it is."
















I'm not sure whether I should be embarrassed or proud that I had almost all of the materials already on hand. I'm gonna go with proud for the moment.
I just had to run to Joann's (darn) to get the right sized zippers.

This is big for me because it will mark a number of firsts.
First time making piping.
First time using stabilizer.
First time using plastic canvas.
and lots of other things that I'll be sharing along the way...

Jodi has just posted the very very beginning of printing the pattern and gathering materials, so it's not too late to join in the fun.
I'll be posting my progress (the good, the bad, and the ugly) as I go. :)

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to follow along. I LOVE the houndstooth! I'm terrified of zippers, so I'll be anxiously watching for your tutorial on what I've built up in my mind to be a process more agonizing than childbirth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cari! Zippers are so easy, you're gonna flip your lid when you find out. I do understand, though, that they can be terrifying (I was too until I tried it). I'll be sure to post pictures when I get to that stage. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your feedback! I would love to hear what you have to say.

If you are entering a comment for a giveaway, please be sure to post a comment for EACH entry where more than one entry qualify. Thanks!